Skip to main content

A6: Double Sided Relief (I)

Given: White cardboard

  1. Generate a number quandrilateral prisms folded out of white cardboard as your design elements.
  2. Make a composition representing the design concepts that you choose by using these elements. Your design should be a double-sided relief that reflects your design idea on both sides.


Starting this assignment: with no idea what to do. Just make some cubes and try to put them together, but what does double sided relief mean exactly???
After working in studio with friends and attending to panel discussions in lectures, ideas started to come. I've tried to work with various groups. In this drawing, plan view of the first design idea is showed. Groups are in different colors for a better taste of reading the design ideas.
A sketch of my final idea before the jury. I've tried to use dominance as my idea in the design.

Comments